You are here: Home
» 10 TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL THERAPY
10 TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL THERAPY
- Tell the truth; be authentic and genuine to the best of your ability.
- Treat Psychotherapy as another relationship in your life, with the therapist as your corrective relational partner.
- Who you are in the office is exactly who you are in life.
- Learning to have an honest relationship with the therapist will teach you to have healthy relationships with yourself and the world.
- Psychotherapy is not advice giving, nor a self-help class.
- Psychotherapy teaches you to have a healthier relationship by repairing those deeper things that may need fixing from childhood.
- Sometimes we got too much of our needs met in childhood, and sometimes we did not get enough of our needs met in childhood. These situations will trigger symptoms that bring you into therapy in the first place, and become part of who we are in our adult lives.
- Know and identify your patterns and symptoms in relationships
- Know that Therapy can be painful, but can be the safest relationship you will ever know.
- Therapy is a journey, with the end result being to have a happy relationship with the most important person of all, you!